Monday 12 January 2015

London Short Film Festival: Animation Selection


Letting you know about a little bit of film biz. LSFF as the title explains is short for the London Short Film Festival that this year is running from 9th - 18th January 2015. This is its 12th year and long may it continue! They have a large variety of different selections, myself choosing the animation one, as I do love seeing how artists interpret this medium differently.

Showings are at various locations I believe. (But for certain being shown at the ICA which is where I went - it lives just off Trafalgar Square.)

It was a rather enjoyable format, cramming almost 2 hours with films ranging from 2 minutes to 17. It made for dynamic viewing, with your attention being held for the duration of the allotted time. There was only one film in the selection that, for me, didn't reach the standard of the others chosen.

And now, it leave me to tell you of my two favourites.

The first is 'Fruit Fruit' by Peter Millard, and I don't need to say anything about it. Because I can show you: http://vimeo.com/82895384

The second is 'Half Wet' by Sophie Koko and unfortunately I can't find this online, so a trailer we have to do: http://vimeo.com/98162947 (I feel the trailer doesn't quite express how amazing this film was, all 7 minutes of it, but if you ever get a chance to see it you definitely should. And you'll know why when you do.)

If you get a chance to grab one of these tickets to see something, definitely do!

No comments:

Post a Comment